Discover links to local organisations who may be able to offer advice and support.
Land HireContact us about this venue
The Town Council offer exclusive hire of their land for one off events or regular clubs upon request and approval. Previous bookings include funfairs, dog shows, open air cinema screenings, fitness events, carnivals and circuses.
Locations available for land hire include Parson’s Close Recreation Ground, Linslade Recreation Ground, Mentmore Road Park and Pages Park.
- Various locations available
- Use of water or electric optional dependent on location
- Pavilion available at some locations
- Public toilets available at Parson’s Close Recreation Ground
- Toilets included with pavilion hire at Mentmore Road Park and Pages Park
What else do you need to know?
In order for permission to be granted for land hire, submission of the following documents is required;
- Public Liability Insurance
- Completed site plan
- Signed and witnessed indemnity form (the Council is indemnified against any claims arising out of your use of the land)
- Food Hygiene Certificates (if applicable)
- List of all rides (including inflatables) with relevant documents (if applicable)
- Completed risk assessment (which are requirements under the Occupiers Liability legislation).
All documentation is expected to be returned at least two weeks prior to the event.
You should be aware that the following conditions also apply:
- No glass bottled drinks to be sold in the park
- The ground is left in a clean and tidy condition and any damage that may be caused as a result of the event is made good
- In order to prevent damage to grassed areas, only vehicles directly connected with your organisation enter the recreation ground, other than for loading and unloading.
- Any food suppliers should hold the relevant health and safety/food hygiene certificate.
- The Council reserve the right to cancel the event at any time should the weather or ground conditions be deemed unsuitable.
We also ask you to consider the location of any posters around the town and their proximity to the highway and suchlike.