Discover links to local organisations who may be able to offer advice and support.
The Town Council adopted its Five Year Plan and objectives for 2019-2024 in April 2019. The objectives have primarily arisen from ongoing Town Council aims as well as the priorities identified in consultation with residents in the autumn of 2018, when a face to face survey was carried out with just under 500 residents of the parish. Click the image to the left to open the Plan document.
Town Council objectives are progressed through its four standing committees: Policy & Finance, Planning & Transport, Cultural & Economic and Grounds & Environment. At each committee meeting, the work plan is reviewed and updates given.
Each committee sets its priorities for the coming year in March/April in line with the Town Council’s budget and Five Year Financial Plan.
The Five Year Plan document was last updated in April 2022.
In addition to delivering objectives to improve areas for which it is directly responsible – such as Parks and Open Spaces, Playgrounds and Allotments – the Town Council continues to work in partnership with other organisations (in particular, Central Bedfordshire Council) to aim towards the bigger, longer term aspirations for the parish. Central Bedfordshire Council has responsibility for planning, social care, education, community safety, waste and recycling, housing, homelessness, leisure and environmental services.
A “Partnership Project List” was updated by Council in 2021 and these aspirations will be considered, reviewed and monitored through the Partnership Committee, which comprises 5 Town Councillors and 5 Central Bedfordshire Councillors and meets five times per year. Its work plan can be found on the meeting agendas for the Partnership Committee.
You can view the Partnership Projects List at the bottom of this page.
Summary of key objectives
- Town Ranger service (from 1 April 2020) – in place and operational
- Drinking water fountains (now delayed following Covid pandemic)
- Changing pod facility in Parson’s Close Recreation Ground – completed
- Additional memorialisation options (already underway)
- Initial scoping work on services for older people (survey/consultation) – now in delivery phase
- Adventure playground – this was delayed by the pandemic but is due for completion in July 2022
- Consideration of overflow car parking at Linslade Memorial Playing Fields and Garden of Remembrance – ongoing
- Projects for young people (arising from current survey/consultation) – BMX track improvements done, new outdoor table tennis tables installed in several parks
- Second Mausoleum (subject to interest)
- Partnership/longer term project list
- Skate park improvement
- Cultural and community facility
- Soft play facility
- Vandyke Road youth club
- Leighton-Linslade Green Wheel
- Additional cemetery land
- Additional allotment land
- Improved accommodation for TACTIC
- Restoration of Henry Finch memorial fountain
- Recycling of cups and glasses at events