Music in the Park
There is no better way to spend a summer’s afternoon than enjoying live music in a well lovely park with a historic bandstand such as the one located in Parsons’s Close Recreation Ground.
Band concerts on a Sunday afternoon usually take place from June to September.
The Town Council has organised Sunday afternoon band concerts for many years which showcase brass and silver bands from around the region. The concerts include jazz and popular music offering a diverse and entertaining programme to suit all tastes.
Visitors have the opportunity to purchase refreshments throughout the concert from the kiosk located by the Splash ‘N’ Play park.
Music in the Park 2020
The Cultural & Economic Services Committee took the decision to cancel all live Music in the Park concerts in 2020.
We’ve been working with some of our bands to bring you videos of previous performances across Bedfordshire and beyond. These played out online throughout the summer and you can revisit them by clicking the links below, or enjoy them all by visiting our Facebook video page
- Week one – Bedford Brass performing Highland Cathedral Final
- Week two – Chiltern Hills Brass Band performing Civitas; a march written specifically for all the key and essential workers involved in the fight against Covid-19.
- Week three – Heath Band
- Week four – Milton Keynes Brass performing Mephistopheles
- Week five – Hemel Hempstead Band performing What a Wonderful World
- Week six – Towcester Studio Band performing the Colonel Bogey March
- Week seven – Luton Concert Band performing Klezmer Karnival
- Week eight – Chiltern Hills Brass performing Do-Re-Mi
- Week nine – Heath Band performing an extended medley
- Week ten – Kempston Concert Band performing Mr Blue Sky
- Week eleven – Towcester Studio Band performing When the Saints Go Marching In and Ticket to Ride
- Week twelve (part one) – Woburn Sands Band concert performance in Rudesheim, Germany
- Week twelve (part two) – Bedford Brass perform Queen’s Don’t Stop Me Now
- Week thirteen – Hemel Hempstead Band performing All You Need is Love
Proms in the Park 2020
Airing across our social media channels on Saturday 12 September 2020, this online concert was performed by the Heath Band and features a medley of songs including the Proms classics, complete with words to sing along to. The concert finale culminated with a film of the spectacular firework display of the year before.
Grand Finale in 2019
On Saturday 14th September 2019, our concert series drew to a close with an evening performance featuring live singers and a full concert band, before the live big screen coverage of the BBC’s Last Night of the Proms. The concert began at 6:30pm was closed by a spectacular firework finale.
For more information please contact the Events Team on 01525 631918 email@example.com