For the latest information on COVID-19 local response and how Town Council services are affected, click here.
Leighton-Linslade Town Council operates from its head office at The White House, Hockliffe Street and its staff and 21 volunteer councillors are constantly striving to make the town a better place to live and to work.
Vision: “A community to be proud of”.
Mission: To achieve high quality services and promote well being for our community.
To find out more about the Council’s goals and objectives up until 2024, click here.
Unsure of which Council can help you? You can search the services area of the website to find a list of responsibilities and activities covered by the Town Council, and those covered by Central Bedfordshire Council.
The Town Clerk, Mark Saccoccio, is the Proper Officer and Responsible Financial Officer for the Town Council. He is supported by Heads of Service and approximately 40 members of staff. View our staffing structure here.
Central and Democratic Services
- Mayoral enquiries and activities
- Meetings and committees
- Internal IT
- Personnel, Jobs and recruitment
- Town Twinning
- Town Council Websites
- Town Council Communications
- Hire of Town Council venues and sports facilities
- Community Grants and Awards
Grounds and Environmental Services
- Cemeteries (Vandyke Road and Old Linslade)
- Allotments (Weston Avenue and Alwin’s Field)
- Parks and Open Spaces
- Play Areas
- Floral Displays
- Leighton-Linslade in Bloom
- Astral Park Sports and Community Centre
Cultural and Economic Services
- TACTIC CENTRE
- Leighton Buzzard Market
- Town Centre Public Conveniences
- Town Council Events Programme
- Children’s Trail
- Living History Trail
The Town Council continually strives for excellence and regularly monitors its performance to ensure that it responds to the needs of the community. The Council works in partnership with a number of other public and private sector organisations to improve its services and has achieved Quality Gold accreditation in the Local Council Award Scheme.
We are continually striving to obtain ‘value for money’ from all our services in how we manage and use your money, time and people. In recent years, by making such comparisons, we have reduced costs and improved efficiencies on various services such as administration, postage, stationery, photocopying, telecoms, grounds maintenance, electricity and gas.
- To ensure value for money, operational efficiency and a structure which will underpin current and future service delivery by the Town Council.
- To recognise and embrace the growth of our community and to seek to influence the local authority and partners to ensure adequate infrastructure provision.
- To continue to support a vibrant town through partnership working and initiatives including management of the street market, support for local businesses, town and community promotions and town centre enhancements.
- To provide great public open spaces with varied opportunities for sport and leisure and to exceed expectations in delivering cemetery and allotment services.